We’re looking for Back-end Engineers whose main missions will be to :
- build new product features
- optimize our current platform (code, test, scalability)
- onboard new clients, integrate new e-commerce platforms and carriers
🙌 Our team
You’ll join a team of fourteen (8 technical people, 1 product director, 2 product managers & 1 product designer) led by Quentin (our CTO & CPO) and Florian (VP Engineering)
This team is divided into two squads :
- Online-shopper perceived value : this squad has the ownership of all features that are directly dedicated to end-customers. Squad members will focus on features for which the benefits are mainly perceived by / or directed towards the latter.
Team members : Aliou (Lead dev), Juliette, Jean and Arthur (Developers)
- Merchant perceived value : this squad has the ownership of all features that benefit directly the Merchants. Squad members will focus on providing our merchant’s operations and CS teams with the tools and resources they need to be successful.
Team members : Simon (Lead dev), Hugo, Kevin and Baptiste (Developers)
🛍 As a Back-end Engineer @Shipup, you will
- You’ll help us scale Shipup as a mission critical tool for online retailers to offer best-in-class post-purchase experience to their millions of customers.
- You’ll build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, documentation, maintenance, and polish.
- You’ll build improvements to performance, reliability.
- You’ll work on key initiatives to keep our system elegant and productivity high — such as improving our code, monitoring and infrastructure and building out our testing framework.
- You’ll build and improve processes and internal tools with simplicity and productivity in mind.
👩💻 Our Technical Stack
- Ruby on Rails and Go backend
- React (ES6 + Webpack + Redux) frontend
- Hosted on GCP
- Datadog, LogDNA, Sentry for monitoring
- Monolithic infrastructure + introduction of microservices (for about 1,5 year, 3 services today)
- PostgreSQL + Elasticsearch + RabbitMQ + Redis for storage
- Kubernetes + Docker for ops
- Project management : Asana, Notion, Slack, GSuite
👩💻 Organization & How the team works
- On-call process : some “oncall duty” with weekly rotation, the member of the team has to take care of the maintenance and customer requests
- Division into squads
- SCRUM sprints of 2 weeks : daily, planning, retro, grooming…
- Review groups
- Pair-programming groups
- Multidisciplinary team : the idea is to get one Lead Developer, one Product Manager and one Product Designer in each team
- You’ve at least 1 year of experience on a product experiencing rapid-growth — your work is well-crafted and well-tested for scale.
- You can readily learn most technologies as you go. To you, technologies are about tools and tradeoffs, not an ideology.
- You care about the business implications of anything you build. You’re not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You have backend and infrastructure experience — though you’d still consider yourself full-stack.
Nice to have
- You’re fluent with Ruby
Our recruitment roadmap remains unchanged due to health conditions. On the opposite, we need more than ever resources to reach our ambitious objectives.
That’s why we guarantee a fully remote hiring process for all candidates.
Here are the 5 steps of our recruitment process :
- ☎️ (45min) Screening call with Quentin, our Tech Talent Acquisition Manager
To better understand your career plan and answer any of your questions
- 📄 (01:30) Technical test @Home
To get a quick overview of your skills
- 👀 (01:30) Hiring manager interview
To evaluate your algorithmic skills
- 🤝 (01:30) CTO interview
To evaluate your back-end skills
- 😂 (01:30) Drinks or lunch with the team
To ensure that you will be in line with our values and culture
Why should you apply ? 👐
- 💰Attractive salary : salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal vouchers, coffees, transportation, health insurance…), sponsorship, relocation package, internal events and offsites
- 🌍 International : multicultural teams where everyone cares for one another (If you want to read what our employees are saying about us on Glassdoor ! ✨)
- 🤩 New renovated office : stylish office located in the heart of Paris (🚉 75010)
- 🚀 Growth : our environment is rapidly growing in Europe and in the USA
- 💻 High-quality equipment : latest Macbook Pro or equivalent
- 🧸 People-centric company : our people matter, work-life balance is important at Shipup
À propos de Shipup
At Shipup, our mission is to create a seamless, proactive and branded post-purchase experience for online retailers. 🛍
If you are used to buying online, you probably already went though the exprience of losing your nerve for an order that encounters multiple incidents. For online retailers, a poor post-purchase experience is a costly nightmare : it drags down customer satisfaction, online reputation and repeat purchase rate while inflating the volume of complaints at customer support.
Shipup is a SaaS company that tracks in real time the orders and deliveries of online retailers in order to create a seamless, branded and reassuring post-purchase experience (proactive and live notifications, customized tracking pages, customer surveys at delivery…). Thanks to Shipup, ordering online is less stressful. Online shoppers are more satisfied, they complain less and buy again more.
The company has been created at the end of 2016 by Romain, Terence and Quentin : 3 co-founders from HEC Paris and Centrale Paris who used to work for Drivy (acquired by Getaround), Rocket Internet, Casper and Dashlane.
Shipup works with more than 400 brands in Europe and North America, some of which are very successful digitally native brands (Cheerz, Blissim, Withings, Feed., Le Petit Ballon, Respire, Aime, Na-Kd, Ssense, Ysé, A.P.C. …) while others are larger, more traditional accounts (Leclerc, Carrefour, Intermarché, Go Sport, Yves Rocher…).
June 30th 2020: Shipup announces a 6m€ series A in order to open an office in New York and recruit 45 people in the next 12 months.
- ✊ Ownership
We choose to be here and to do what we do. We are responsible for our objectives and for the output of our work.
- 💡 Initiative
Taking action without direction from above to improve our knowledge and come up with solutions to problems. Initiative is a key reason for success, and places an obligation not to stifle it.
- 👨👦 Empowerment
We encourage those below us to take action and support them if they make mistakes. We explain what we want accomplished and allow flexibility in how it is accomplished.
- 🧸 Caring
Being concerned about our co workers, our customers and the customers of our customers.
- 🏋️ Ambition
Always seeing bigger and having a strong desire and determination to succeed.
Backend dev profile, Rails, Craft methods, Testing, Infrastructure, Good communication, Team spirit, English language
Nice to have
Ruby knowledge, French language
On-site and limited remote. Visa sponsor. Paid relocation.
Remote details: Being able to work from home every Thursdays and Fridays.