You will join the team as a data scientist, to design and implement signal processing algorithms in order to create or improve the different solutions developed by Wisear. Your main tasks will include :
- Review scientific literature
- Design and run tests on subjects in order to collect labeled data
- Design and implement artificial intelligence algorithms based on ear-EEG data
- Collaborate with academic partners
We are looking for a highly motivated engineering student with strong knowledge and skills in the following areas :
- Digital signal processing
- Spectral analysis (Fourier and wavelets)
- Filtering – application and optimization
- Machine learning
- Supervised and non-supervised techniques
- Feature extraction and selection techniques
- Deep Learning
- Outliers removal techniques
- Parameters fine tuning techniques
- Experience in developing signal processing and machine learning algorithms using one of the following languages : Python (preferred), * MATLAB,
- Conversational level required
Considering that the company is at a rather early stage, each team member is very likely to have a strong impact on the project. We are looking for a teammate who demonstrates autonomy, and shares our genuine curiosity and strong interest for this marvellous topic that is understanding the brain!
À propos de Wisear
Wisear develops a solution that allows audio manufacturers to transform their true wireless earphones into brain recording devices.
Today we are able to record brain and muscle electrical activity - called electroencephalogram (EEG) or electromyogram (EMG) - using electrodes placed on the scalp. The extent of the potential use cases is massive (medical diagnosis, controlling devices, relaxation coaching, etc.). But the size and looks of current devices prevents their usage by the public on a daily basis, as would be necessary to unlock the most promising use cases.
Recent progress in the technology now allows recording EEG/EMG signals using electrodes placed in the ear. It is then possible to include this technology in devices such as true wireless earphones, which will open neuronal recording to a large audience.
Wisear builds the first EEG/EMG data processing solution for earphones makers, along with accompanying them to turn their earphones into brain recording devices. The first use cases we cover allow people to control their devices using their brain and facial muscle activity. This is just a first step to unlock the potential of this technology and we are convinced that in the near future, this will be a key technology for early diagnosis and treatment monitoring of brain pathologies (e.g. epilepsy, ADHD, depression, Parkinson’s, etc.)
Data science, Machine Learning / Deep Learning, Python, English
Nice to have
Digital Signal Processing, MATLAB, R, French language